Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Review : Lise Watier Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer


Product Name : Lise Watier Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer

Where to Buy : London Drugs, Lise Watier Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer

Retail Price : $30 CAD

Product Overview : Enlarged pores are bores. Make them disappear and give your skin a flawless, silky, matte finish with Base Miracle Pore Minimizing Primer. Just a touch of this innovative Makeup base and voila! Pesky shiny spots and enlarged pores vanish instantly. This is a fragrance free and paraben free product.

Pros :

  • Smooth and  Silky Finish
  • Temporarily reduce the appearance of pores
  • Doesn't clog pores
  • Reduce oil and shine
This is a good primer to use before you put on your foundation or mineral makeup. You don't need to apply it all over your face, just need to apply where your skin tends to be more oily or areas of enlarged pores. A little goes a long way ;-) After applying this product, it gave me a matte finish and the texture was very smooth and silky. My makeup stayed on all day and it made my face less oily and shiny.

Cons :
  • No SPF protection
  • Not light-weight ; felt a bit too thick for a base primer
  • Doesn't provide enough moisture
I usually like primers with at least SPF 15 because sometimes I don't want to wear a lot of makeup on my days off. One thing that I didn't like about this primer was that it felt kind of thick after putting it on. I felt like I had a thick layer of matte, silicon-feeling goo on my face. If you have dry or combination skin, you definitely need to put a layer of moisturizer on before you apply the primer because this primer alone is not going to give your skin enough moisture.

Conclusion : When I bought this primer I was looking for a product that could help reduce the appearance of pores. The sales lady at London Drugs told me that this primer could instantly minimize the look of pores as well as nourishing my skin so my pores would look smaller in the long run. I don't think she knew what she was talking about :-P because the pore minimizing effect is only temporary, definitely not a long term treatment. This pore minimizing promier is not even comparable to Philosophy The Supernatural Poreless, Flawless Tinted SPF 15 which is about the same price. If you are looking for a primer that you could wear either alone of underneath your foundation, definitely go with the Philosophy one because it is very light-weight and an amazing tinted moisturizer and primer.

Ratings : 3.5/5.

Have a question ? Leave a comment !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ! Feel free to leave a comment <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...