Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Review : Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara


Product Name : Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black

Where to Buy : Walmart or at any local drugstores

Retail Price : $3-5 CAD (Walmart sells them for only $3.96 CAD)

Product Overview : Maybelline's favorite mascara even after 40 years, now with a heart-shaped brush!! The exclusive Great Little Grabber gets to each and every lash with precision for lots of volume from corner-to-corner. Volume builds with each coat - no clumps, no mess. Safe for contact lens wearers.

Pros :

  • Great heart-shaped brush
  • Defining
  • Lengthening
  • Volumnizing
  • Lifts, Curls and Separates lashes
  • Little to no Clumps
This is one of the best mascara that I have tried in a long time and the best part is that it is super inexpensive. This is a classic formula from Maybelline so it's not likely for the mascara to be discontinued. I love the heart-shaped brush because the tip of the brush is slimmer and designed to get those stubborn little lashes. This is not like the Cover Girl Lash Blast chunky brush where it's too big in the front and sometimes you can accidentally get it on your face.
After applying the mascara, I did noticed that it helped lengthen and separate my lashes. There were no clumping as long as you don't let it dry in between coats. The more coats you layer on top, the more volumizing it is going to be; this mascara is very easy to build up to the desire look that you are looking for. The texture of my lashes after applying the mascara is very soft and it didn't give me that crusty feeling on my lashes.

Cons :
  • Does smudge
  • Does flake
There aren't anything bad I can say about this mascara other than that it is not waterproof so it did start to smudge a bit after I did my workout. There were a few tiny little flakes on my face after wearing it for a few hour. 

Conclusion :  I will admit.. at first I was very skeptical about this product. I mean.. How could something so cheap be any good ? After hearing so many good reviews about it, I gave it a try last night and I absolutely LOVE this mascara... No wonder this is one of the best and classic formula from Maybelline for the past 4 decades. I finally found a mascara that has the potential to replace my favorite mascara...Maybelline unstoppable mascara :) The pink and green packaging is really cute and the mascara wand is easy to grip.

Update: After using it for a month, it was more clumpy than before. I tried to reduce the clumps by wiping the brush before using it so that reduced the clumping a lot.

Ratings : 4.5/5. (-0.5 because the result was not consistent after using it for a month)

Did you love or hate this product ? Leave a comment !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ! Feel free to leave a comment <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...