Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Review : Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara


Product Name : Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

Where to Buy: Wal-mart, The Falsies Volum' Express Waterproof Mascara

Retail Price : about $5 - $7

Product Overview : This product has an unique flexible wand and patented Spoon brush to help lift and separate lashes to provide the look of more lashes. The special Kera-fiber formula instantly build 5x more volume without clumping to complete the falsie lash look.


Pros :

  • Waterproof
  • Defining, Separating, Volumizing
  • Nicely designed spoon brush
  • Very dark black color
I like that it provided definition and separated my lashes really well. It did volumize my lashes ... But it does get clumpy after a few coats. The spoon mascara brush is well-designed and very easy to apply. One thing that I would like to point out is that the applicator is flexible, but it sort of caused the application to become less firm compared to other mascara applicators. Also, the waterproof formula is good for those rainy days that we have here in Vancouver :).

Cons :
  • Can be clumpy and flaky
  • Does smudge
  • Does not lengthen
  • Does not hold up curls
I usually buy the waterproof formula because I think that it just holds up the curls a lot better than the non-waterproof version. However, this mascara de-curled my lashes after application and it didn't give me any lengthening effect, but it did give me some mascara smudge on the bottom outer corner of my eyes. The one major thing that I didn't like was that it was very flaky and those little flakes would fall into my eyes and get stuck on my contact lenses....argh!

Conclusion : There were a lot of buzz about this product and Maybelline kept introducing new version of the falsies (eg. Black Drama, Falsies Flared) so I thought I gave the original falsies a try hoping that I would be amazed by the result just like how everyone did. Well.. in my own opinion... it really didn't do much for me. There was just not enough lengthening power and definitely no Falsies effect. It was super clumpy even when using it for the first few times. Overall I think it is an okay mascara and it's definitely not something I would buy again.

Ratings : 3/5.

Have you tried this product ? Let me know what you think !

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you ! Feel free to leave a comment <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...